Monday, April 18, 2011

Pre-Op Assessment

Today was the day of my Pre Op exam and I was slightly nervous. Even for this!. I think it was the whole ‘blood taking business’.

Anyway I arrived early with my entourage of 1 boyfriend and the nurse asked me about 1 million questions, so many questions that I started to think I was lying and I was having trouble answering the easiest of questions because i kept thinking I was lying. Very weird!. Im sure its because I over think everything. But you don’t really want to lie on something like this as it all helps make your operation go as smoothly as possible.

So I got asked a lot of questions and had my blood pressure, ECG heart rate thing, checked for MRSA, and the bit I was dreading The Blood Tests. It actually wasn’t bad once she put the needle in she just filled up the vials and I was looking the other way speaking to the other nurse and to be honest I didn’t feel a thing, it was only when I looked down I saw she had filled up 6 little tubes. Im only teeny I didn’t know I could cope without that blood!, anyway its now the afternoon and im still alive so its ok.

I was given so much info on pain relief and what to expect that I feel calmer J.

Thank you again for the emails I have been getting. This blog is so therapeutic for me and I hope post surgery it might be useful for someone facing the same thing.
If you would like to email me you can at handscanderson@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment