Thursday, April 7, 2011

Donated Chair

So, since joining http://www.scoliosis-support.org/ I have been feeling so much… well…..support I suppose J.

I had an email the other day from a nurse who mentioned that I may not be able to go on holiday as you are not allowed surgery until you are back 6 weeks. I panicked! But then calmed down and called around it took a lot of the day to get a concrete answer but I CAN still go on holiday, I should wear flight socks though and take some asprin on the flight (guess that helps me not get blood clots).

So I am now VERY excited about my holiday.

Also I have been asking around about things to take to hospital with me, I had thought of all kinds of things but it didn’t ever cross my mind to think of a CHAIR. That’s probably the most obvious thing as well. Anyway a lovely lady is donating me her daughters chair. Im so pleased I just need to make my boyfriend go and collect it (my dads car is more like a tank and I cannot drive it!). I am hoping I may be able to ask her a few questions about the surgery also. I don’t think I can ever pick too many peoples brains about this.

So as things start approaching I am going to spend this weekend packing for my holiday and making sure I have enough bikini’s to wear J. And I have all the girls from work coming round on Sunday to meet Alan and Splat and have some nice girlie chats and nibbles.

I feel pretty relaxed about everything at the moment, I just hope I am brave enough to actually go through with it!.

No comments:

Post a Comment