Monday, March 28, 2011

Pre-Op Appointment

So I got my Pre-Op appointment. To be honest I didn’t even know I would need a Pre-Op or even what one is!! (such a newbie to this whole surgery thing). Having read A LOT of Scoliosis blogs and forums (www.Scoliosis-Support.org  if you are keen to know) I realized I will need to have one of these. As I am in Thailand right before surgery for 3 weeks and then I go straight in I thought I had better let the hospital know.

My appointment is 18April at 9am, haven’t a clue what it will involve although I am sure I heard the woman mention blood tests which does not sound too cool. Anyway I am big enough and ugly enough to cope with that. Not much choice.

I have to say from the Receptionist, to the Secretaries to Mr Tucker himself everyone has been so helpful and lovely. They seem to understand how frightening it is and are just super friendly.

I am trying to get everything organized for before I go on holiday, I need a bed to be sorted out, my animals to be looked after, I wanna be packed, I want to have bought some kind of implements to help me when I get home.

Also I forgot to mention my dad, who I will be staying with when I get home, has decided that when I have my operation it’s a perfect time to move so he has found a new cottage and will be completing just after I get out of hospital it looks like. I really don’t think he realizes that looking after me is going to a nightmare. I hope I am not going to be too much of a burden.

1 comment:

  1. I had spinal fusion 6 years ago when i was fifteen. the surgery can seem nerve racking but it sounds like the hospital you'll be at has a supportive staff! I stumbled on your blog and wanted to let ya know that I've never had any regrets about the surgery, absolutely worth it. Even grew two inches when it was all said and done.

    By the way- I'm sure pops wont mind taking care of you.

    any questions lemme know

    ReplyDelete