Friday, June 24, 2011

4 Week Check Up with Mr Tucker

Hello, sorry it's taken so long to update you all. I will fill you in what's been going on in the last 2 weeks but I will do it under a couple of headings.
So this one was my 4 weeks check up. Obviously knowing me I was scared about the journey as it's so far (1.5hrs)' but my dad drove me and I had pillows and reclined the seats,  I made it there pretty much pain free!. After abit if confusion about what building I was ment to go too I finally arrived at my appointment. It started to get in abit of as by the time i finally got to my appointment i was about 30mins late and sat in a really uncomfy chair and i didnt have my pillow, i mainly think this was due to worry though and i was very tense, once i got in to see Mr Tucker i forgot about that and I was SO happy for Mr Tucker to tell me I could drive!!! I wasn't prepared for that. He also said i was at the top rate of the recovery and we discussed me going back to work, as it's quite a long commute I have to do, it's been decided to have a phased return from mid July. I have to go back and see him in August for my 3 month check and then i will get x-rays taken and see how the actual fusing of the bones is getting on (argh!)
so all in all I was up and about that day for about 5hrs, by the time I got home I was a bit achey and I played with the idea of having a pain killer but in the end I just rested for 30mins or so and I felt ok again. That's the thing with any pain I have been getting lately it's not like the pain from before, before I would need to lay down all night and then have a lay in the in the morning the be able to get over the pain. But now I just lay down and it's gone. So all in all it was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment