Friday, June 24, 2011

1st Night in MY OWN House

So at 5weeks and 2days post op i decided it was time that I could stay home on my own.
So last Saturday Tim came and picked me up and we cooked breakfast, and then took Alan into London to hang out with Nicole (Tims sister) and then we went to Tims and let Splat our Chinchilla out (he is staying with Tim while i recover) and watched a film and by the time we got back to my house I was so tired (and so was tiny Alan!).
it was fine staying in my own bed, I was out of my comfort zone so of course I worried a bit especially going into London as you don't know what kind of chairs people are going to have but I have noticed that I can just sit up without having a chair back to lean on, before my operation sitting on the floor in a field or a picnic bench would be my idea of hell, they used to really hurt after a while, but now it's like I have my own built in chair back. I feel so supported and happy to sit upright without leaning back it's brilliant, I don't now feel like I have an ironing board stuck to my back, I feel like I have great posture and i feel like my back is normal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissy,
    Glad to here your doing well and I love the name of your Chinchilla (Splat).

    I'm not sure how many of you are aware of the recent scientific developments and breakthroughs that have or are recently occurring in the field of scoliosis treatment. Prognostic testing/technology in the way of genetic testing and blood tests are now able to determine which early stage scoliosis patients are most likely to experience severe curve progression. This presents a new and unique opportunity for early stage scoliosis intervention rehab programs to reduce and eliminate many of the "at risk" smaller curve cases before they progress to much more complex and difficult large curvature cases. It’s actually quite revolutionary and amazing.

    ReplyDelete