Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Slump

Hello,
So as you can guess from the title I have hit 'The Slump'. I feel so incredibly bored and uncomfortable it is getting hard to remain upbeat and see an end to this. I can't imagine my back ever feeling normal or part of me. I know this 'Slump' is natural and in my head as I have read on the forums others going through it.
I was more than braced for pain when I went in for my operation and on that I was pleasantly surprised, but looking back I really don't think I was ready for the emotional side of things and I really don't think I'm handling it all that well.
I don't want to be all doom and gloom so I want to let you know that I am off pain medication. I slowly eased myself off it and I'm happy because these things are so strong I really didn't want to get addicted. I am in a wee bit of pain now and again but I'm ok really and if it did get that bad I'd just take something.
So I'm sorry this post isn't very upbeat, I hope I do cheer up soon. I cannot wait to be able to eat sitting up and just feel more comfortable, I am sure that will help my mood.
Everyone keeps saying I am over the worst and doing really well but I think this is by far the worst part. No choice now though but the hang in there.
X x x

2 comments:

  1. Dear Chrissy I am reading your blog all the way from Perth Western Australia. My 15 yr old daughter is going to have growth rods inserted in London on the 5th July for her scoliosis - poor love is 80 degrees now. I am sorry to hear you are in the slump at the moment but be assured there are lots of people out there cheering you on! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy,
    I want to encourage you to take it one day at a time. Try to find joy in the small things like the outdoors, good food and friends, your cool iPad, and anything you can be thankful for. Sounds like your surgeon was great ..and it went well.
    I tend to be a little anxious my self. Sometimes it sounds crazy but I swear I forget to "Just Breathe".
    Look up this song on Utube " mandisa - stronger". Amazing song, really encourages me.
    We will be heading into surgery this summer with my 13 yr old daughter.
    She likes to mispronounce scoliosis like this ..."scoli-mono-sis"- just to be a little awnry.
    Your great attitude is going to be a big part of your healing.
    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete