Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Theraflex Therapy

So I had a lovely weekend in Amsterdam. The weather was freezing but very sunny.

Pretty much the whole weekend I didn’t even really think about my impending spinal surgery (arghh) which I think it really good as last week I couldn’t think of much else.

This week I have decided it is my mission to chase up Mr Stewart Tucker's secretary and find out when my MRI scan is due to take place as I really don’t want to be left wondering things when I go on my holiday in April I want a fresh clear mind to enjoy the final months with my curly back, if it’s even possible to enjoy having Scoliosis.

I briefly mentioned before how I have been trying Theraflex therapy. It really did help with pain relief as I started it in the first week of January and didn’t get any pain again until the first week of February. I was abit sad as I naively thought it was a ‘cure’, I thought it would, after time, magically make my curve shrink but after seeing Mr Stewart Tucker I really believe that the only way that is possible is with surgery. I do however think that the Theraflex machine is marvelous and I also do believe it is brilliant at pain relief. I have no doubt that I would recommend this treatment for someone who suffers with back pain but I have my doubts that this would affect the degree of curvature in someone with large curve.

I have a Theraflex appointment on Friday and at £52 a session and a 3hr roundtrip to get there I don’t know whether I should bother going now.

I don’t suffer with too much back pain, its manageable, it doesn’t affect my life in too many ways, yes its uncomfortable now and again but everyone gets aches and pains. I think I could live with my Scoliosis if I knew that it would stay this way, I would use Theraflex to treat the aches and pains and I am sure I would lead a happy normal life. What I do need to remind myself is that my curve is getting worse, in 10yrs time it will be about 10-15degrees more severe and I am sure it will impact greatly on my day to day life. Probably then I will decide I have had enough of the pain and deformity and then the operation will be harder and more difficult to correct and my healing time will probably be longer as I will be abit older.

It seems like most people get the surgery because they are in vast amounts of pain and so I do sometimes stop and think that because I am not in ‘so’ much pain, maybe this surgery is unnecessary. I bet if I was having back ache today then this whole blog would be written completely differently. Easy to forget how much the pain hurts when your not currently feeling it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissy, Have a look at the Facebook Group : "Scoliosis Cures and Pain Relief" - it took me about 8 sessions of Theraflex before my spine re-appeared from behind my shoulder blade. I've got before and after photos of a recent 10 degree reduction in my curve - I'mm 44 years old - but I had to use the Inversion table and regular gym excercises to get the back ready to move like this. There are before and after pics of other people whose spines are getting better as well so it's simply not true that you spine will get worse - feel free to show the pics to Mr Tucker
    Damien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy ,
    I would like to know how many session did you do with theraflex.

    I got only six so far and I understand that it takes longer as in the case of Damien.My disc herniation is in the concave and is causing me a lot of problem , I too was hoping it can undo the area but I think its too early to tell since i only have 6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks 

    Regards,
    Scoliosis in London

    ReplyDelete