Wednesday, February 23, 2011

100 Scoliosis Surgery Questions

So I got a brilliant email last night from my best friend’s brother answering all my questions on Scoliosis Surgery, and the poor boy had A LOT of questions to answer.

He was so upbeat and positive, and has just made me feel 100x’s better about everything. I wont copy the whole email over as I don’t have his permission but here is a couple of sentence’s that made me realize that if I was having any doubts I would be silly to pay attention to them.

I would DEFINITELY have the op again if I needed to, and do not regret it AT ALL. Apart from the physical benefits in the long run, friends said there was a noticeable difference in my personality and mood”

I know its really hard, but the best thing is to probably prepare yourself (like you are), but not WORRY too much - you'll end up a wreck if you constantly worry between now and your op! In probably about a years time, you'll be saying what a great life experience it was and how much it changed you for the better. ;) Theres ups and downs, like with anything, but its totally worth it all in the end.”

How wonderful is that?!!!!

Also I got a call from Sharon, Mr StewartTucker’s secretary and she told me he has referred me to Harley Street for my open MRI and I should hear from them within the next couple of days and then I need to make a follow up appointment with Mr StewartTucker and my parents and hopefully Tim my boyfriend (if he is back from NZ).

My big aim between now and mid April is to get everything sorted out. MRI, get Bupa to sign off my surgery, set a date for the op and talk to work once all that is sorted then hopefully I can just relax in Thailand on holiday, I REALLY don’t want anything hanging over me (obviously the impending doomsday will still be there!! J)

No comments:

Post a Comment