Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back to Work i Go

So 8 weeks post op i decided to give work ago.
I definitely over did it. It is a phased return so i should have tried a few hours on my first day but i stupid left the house at 9am and then returned at 5.15pm. Dont get me wrong, i wasnt in work all that time i took the commute very slowly, but id still didnt get a seat either way!.
By the time i got home i was feeling pretty uncomfortable but as the night went on i was in quite abit of discomfort, it wasnt full on agony and i didnt take any pain killers but i was VERY pleased to see my bed and slept like a log!.
Its so hard to know your limits, if you are ok 99.99% of the time how do you know how much you cant do. I think its safe to say i hit my limits yesterday.
Im not sure now how to handle this phased return and i am feeling abit miserable today as i feel like i am letting people down at work. I am working from home though, i just wish i lived closer to the office.
I just need to keep the positive attitude as i know i am flying through my recovery and i am getting abit spoilt by it so when something goes wrong i get really upset.
Anyway onwards and upwards.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissy! I'm so glad that you're feeling better and getting out of the house more! Can you give us some of the little details about how your life has changed after surgery? Did you get taller? Do you love your new waist? Is your range of motion very restrictive? Are you comfortable sitting up now or do you still lie down most of the time?

    As someone possibly facing surgery in the near future, I love reading your updates and I keep craving more!

    ReplyDelete